Friday, June 30, 2017

Just Add Ink #366 | Just Add A

Hello stamping friends!! I'm super excited that its time for another Just Add Ink Challenge.  This week its Just Add 'A'. While this one did throw me a little as I didn't have any stamp sets starting with A, How weird is that? I thought more about the elements to go on my card for my Just Add 'A'


While we are right in the middle of Winter here in Melbourne my first thoughts went to the Autumn leaves and dies from the Stampin' Up! Colourful Seasons Stamp set and Seasonal Layers thinlits. I've also added the Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate which is another 'A'element to my card.

For my colour combo I've gone for one today that Stampin' Up suggested with the release of their 2017 - 2019 In Colours. Stampin' Up! released this list, as you say, of possible colour combinations to go with the new In Colours. I thought the one circled would be a fabulous one to go with my 'A' theme. Perfect colours for Autumn! Although I've swapped out Pear Pizzazz for Old Olive. I just liked it better. That's all.

Click on the colour name to see all the Stampin' Up! products in that colour

I first started with the small Old Olive Ombre panel cut from the the Colour Theory DSP stack. I love the soft and subtle ombre on some of the DSP sheets. The graduation of colour is stunning! Once I had this ombre panel cut I then wrapped some Linen Thread to it and tied a Linen Thread Bow. Once the Linen Thread was adhered it was then layered with the Old Olive card base, the Shimmery White Layer and the Fabulous Foil Acetate Layer.


For the Autumn leaves I stamped the veins on the Fresh Fig one with Versamark and then heat embossed it with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder. The Daffodil Delight leaf I stamped the veins with Daffodil Delight Ink and embossed them with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder. The last leaf is in Calypso Coral and die cut with the more intricate of the Autumn Leaf dies. I then attached the leaves to the Linen Thread Bow with glue dots after I tied them together with the 1/8" Gold Ribbon.



Once the leaves were stamped and die cut it was then really a matter of figuring out the rest of the layout and what embellishments to used.


In keeping with the Autumn colour theme and the use of some of the products from the Colour Theory Suite I finished off the card with some of the super stunning and super sparkly Glitter Enamel Dots. Due to the dots on the acetate layer being quite busy I didn't think the card needed much else other than a little piece of Fresh Fig ribbon and a sentiment stamped in Fresh Fig. How stunning is that colour by the way? I'm not normally a purples person but this dark shade of purple is beautiful! 

Be sure to keep a look out at my future blog posts. I'm going to try to attempt to make some creations using every one of the suggested In Colour combinations. Should make for a fun adventure!

I do hope that you will come and join us this week at Just Add Ink for our Just Add 'A' theme.  I'm sure you will come up with some A-mazing creations! Ha! See what I did there! He, He!! All the details for this weeks theme are over at the Just Add Ink Blog. Make sure that you check out all the amazing (yep I did it again, HA!) creations from this amazing Design Team. Gosh these gals are so clever!!! Looking forward to see what you bring with your A-game!! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7
  Recreate this card at home using the following Stamin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.


3 comments:

  1. Ooh I love that cluster of leaves Rochelle - gorgeous rich colours and embossed details. The gold polka dot acetate is pretty stunning too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Rochelle! Autumn is the perfect "A" theme and you've executed it so well! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Rochelle! I love your layers of leaves and the rusticness of all the twine and ribbon details are a fabulous touch. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.