Monday, April 6, 2015

Stamp Review Crew: Painted Petals Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2015/04/stamp-review-crew-painted-petals-edition.html

It's the first Monday of the month so that means it's time for another Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop. I hope that you had a wonderful Easter, spending time with your families and enjoying everything that is Easter. This hop we are focusing on the beautiful stamp set Painted Petals. It's a stunning set and as the name suggests the images look like a beautiful painting.

If you are following round on the hop, I'm #16 on the hop. You may have joined me from the very wonderful and talented Linda Callahan, or you may have started he with me. Either way you are in for a creative treat! If you get lost on the hop click on the banner at the top of this post and this will give you the list of all the 'hoppers' in The Stamp Review Crew.

This hop I really wanted to challenge myself to make 3 cards all using the same colours and similar elements. I know that may not seem a huge deal but it is quite a big thing for me as I tend to make one card and then can't seem to find a way to make other cards using similar colours and elements.

I think I have achieved my challenge to myself and created 3 cards all looking similar but all different too. 

My first card I started with the striped background. I used the Stampin' Write markers to colour the stamp in Blushing Bride, Soft Sky and Pistachio Pudding. I then repeated the stamping to created the background.
I then punched out the 2-1/2" circle and then stamped the Painted Petal images on the circle and then finished of the rest of the card the some twine, sequins, banners and a butterfly punched out of vellum.

My next card I used the longer flower image and bunched them together on the side of the card and then layered all the other elements around it. It is a bit hard to see in the photo but the flower image on the circle I first stamped off on to some scrap paper and then stamped again on to the circle to give make the image look lighter.


My last card uses similar elements again but in a different layout. The flower images are stamped around the side and then I stamped off the stripes in the circle to give them a lighter look. All finished off with a vintage button, sequins, gold foil sheets and the vellum butterfly.

Thank you for stopping by. Click on the next button below to hop on to Wendy Weixler and see what she has done with the Painted Petals Set. Thanks for looking and don't forget to leave a comment! I love to know what you think of my creations!

http://wickedlywonderfulcreations.blogspot.com/2015/04/stamp-review-crew-painted-petals-edition.html

 http://stampinseasons.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-stamp-review-crew-painted-petals.html

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

21 comments:

  1. Great cards, Rochelle! You did an amazing job with your personal challenge. They are all really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards - I love the colors you chose! And the striped background is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! The striped background was my only idea to start off with and then it all went from there.

      Delete
  3. Well Rochelle, I think you hit it out of the park with your challenge here! These are all wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Rochelle. You nailed it. What a gorgeous set of cards and such pretty, soft, pastel colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card Rochelle!! I love how you used all the same stuff on each project too! Very pretty and soft looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, the first card took by breath away, Rochelle! But with each of the others it just got better and better. You've highlighted this set beautifully! Love your options with the striped image and of course the sweet vellum butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three pretty amazing cards, Rochelle. I wouldn't be able to pick a favorite from this trio!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty cards. It's neat to see how the same elements can be put together in various ways to make different cards. Creativity at it's best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely lovely trio! This would make a wonderful gift or card class!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards! I love how you used the set elements to make different subtle backgrounds and focal points. Great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great collection of cards, Rochelle. I love that you stayed with the same color palette! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rochelle - I absolutely love the color combination you used. I love them all, but I think the third one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your idea to create 3 cards with the same colors. You obviously conquered your challenge because they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.