Sunday, February 14, 2016

Can You Case It? #107 - Colour Challenge

Hello and Welcome! I'm so happy you have stopped by here today! It is Sunday so that means its time for a new challenge at Can You Case It? A colour challenge!!


When being on a Design Team and you are given the run down of the challenges in advance. Sometimes you just look at it and you know instantly what you want to create other times you usually look at for hours and hours and the inspiration just isn't coming to you. Lucky for me this week it wasn't the latter. I just looked at these colours and knew that I wanted to do some colouring with the Rose Wonder set. I could have chosen the safer option and used white as my base and coloured on that but I had seen (probably on Pinterest. He, He) that you can colour on Crumb Cake or Kraft for the non-Stampin' Up! people out there. 

I first embossed the Rose Wonder image onto the Crumb Cake with White Stampin' Emboss Powder. That big rose it just amazing and this stamp set, I love it! So that you are able to colour on the Crumb Cake you need to put down a layer of Whisper White Craft ink with your Aqua Painter or Blender Pen.This just 'seals' the card stock just a little so that you can lay down some colour. It wont be the same as water colour paper but it gives you to wet the card stock a little more than normal before the paper starts balling and piling.


Before you start colouring you need to make sure that your Craft ink has completely dried. Otherwise you'll just be mixing around craft ink, classic ink and water. You'll end up with a big mess and not a pretty one either.


Put down your colour next. I just treated it like I do when I water colour. Using my aqua painter I started at the edges and then pulled the colour in. The only tip is have your aqua painter a little wet but not too much. You don't want the colour so wet that it ruins your cardstock straight away because you've used too much water. You can go over the colour you've put down a little before you damage the cardstock, just don't make it too wet.


It's probably really hard to see but I finished off the rose and the leaves with a fine layer of Stella, of the Wink variety. That stuff is so pretty and you just need a thin layer for some beautiful and subtle shimmer.

Are you ready to play along with this weeks fabulous colours? Click here to see the rest of the Can You Case It? Design Teams Creations and how you can enter this weeks challenge. 

Can wait to see what you come up with!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

  1. so beautiful, I will give your technique a try. thanks for such helpful directions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card Rochelle! Congratulations! This project is one of my most popular pins this week and is being highlighted on my blog today. Thanks for sharing. Kylie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.