Friday, June 3, 2016

Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper in Focus | Affectionately Yours

Today I'm showing you my all time favourite DSP from the new 2016 - 2017 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue, Affectionately Yours. Is pretty, its bright, its florally and 2 of the sheets have some hints of COPPER!!! Its just all round AMAZING! Yes I was singing that when I typed it! Ha! 

I've got some cards, some 3-D items and a scrapbook page all showing this beautiful paper. I hope that by showcasing it you will want it too.

Warning : This post contains lots of photos, so grab a cuppa and a Tim Tam or two and let me inspire you with some creations.

All my creations are a bit of new mixed with a bit of product that I had from last years catalogue that carried over while I wait for my box of new goodies that I ordered the day the new Annual Catalogue went live on June 1st. Lucky I've got heaps of things to do over the next few days. That makes the waiting a little easier.

First up I've started with a sponged circle in Daffodil Delight and used some strips of Affectionately Yours down the side. Its accented with my favourite embellishment at the moment, splatters of Gold Wink of Stella, Gold Sequins, Gold 1/8" Ribbon, Mint Macaron Banner and some other bits and pieces.


Next I've covered the whole card front with the DSP that has the hints of copper through it. I didn't want to cover it up completely with a layer of cardstock so I've stitched a panel of embossed vellum over the top. Its then finished of with a flower from the Botanical Builder Dies.


The last card I've teamed up the floral DSP with the Birthday Blossoms stamp set. I heat embossed some of the images with white embossing powder on to Shimmery White cardstock and then coloured them in with an aqua painter.


Next I've made a Mini Album that would make a fabulous gift for someone. I got the instructions from a You Tube clip here
I've just created the bare bones of the mini album and then I will decorate and embellish it for someone down the track.
The front is embellished with a Gold Glimmer butterfly, some vellum and some new Flirty Flamingo ribbon.
 


The inside of the album is a concertina style. You just pull the top page out and then it all unfolds.



This is the inside. I live that the inside DSP is different from the outside to give a different look.


And then the pages unfolded out.


This is my most favourite paper of the whole pack. It is stunning. The only thing is that there is only one sheet of it in the pack. I could have a whole pack of just this sheet. Looks like I have to get another pack of DSP now. Ha!
The copper print over the page is just beautiful and I thought is would make a stunning gift box for a stunning gift.

 

The last is a scrapbook page. Again I've splattered the whole page with Gold Wink of Stella. Just a tip if your going to splatter the whole page like that just be careful not to smudge it as it takes a while to dry.



The DSP is quite busy for a scrapbook page so I've just used some strips of it on the page. I would have put a photo on the page but I ran out of time to get one printed. Oops.


Its accented with some of the co-ordinating Washi Tape and a flower made with some of Stampin' Up!s flower punches. I think when I get a photo in it I will accent it more to match with the photo.

I hope that I've inspired you with this new and completely stunning DSP and you are off to order some now.

Thanks for stopping by!

 Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
(Australian Residents Only)
  Recreate these creations at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Rochelle! These are stunning! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning line up Rochelle. I love the variety of projects and awesome use of products...Goodluck! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.