Sunday, September 4, 2016

ESAD 2016 Holiday Catalogue Blog Hop


Hello and welcome to you! I hope that you've gotten lots of inspiration so far along the hop and I'm sure that you will get some more along the way.
The 2016 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue is here and has been live worldwide for a few days now! I just love this amazing catalogue and I hope you love it as much as I do!
To mark is wonderful occasion of a new catalogue my lovely friends and I from the Facebook group ESAD  have decided to do a Blog Hop to showcase the fabulous products from this awesome catalogue. 

You may have joined me from from my friend and fabulous upline, Liv Ingle, or you have started here with me Either way you are in for a treat to see the creativity and imagination of myself and 24 other fellow Australian and New Zealand Stampin' Up! demonstrators. So grab your beverage of choice, get comfortable and get ready for the hop!
I've made two cards today for you using my must have bundle from the Holiday Catalogue, Star of Light. The bundle consists of the Star of Light stamp set and the Starlight Thinlits Dies and it is amazing!!!! 

 I've tried to use similar elements and colours on both cards but trying to make them look different at the same time.


I've started on the first card by embossing the gorgeous starry swirl image with copper embossing powder on Kraft cardstock. Its so pretty just like that! I've then stamped one of the star images on Dapper Denim, embossing it with clear embossing powder. I've then layered some DSP and vellum circles cut using the Layering Circles Framelits dies and added some other embellishments to finish it all off. Pretty!


The second card, I started with making a Dapper Denim watercolour wash background on Shimmery White cardstock and then splattered some Gold Wink of Stella over the denim wash. I thought that the Dapper Denim looked fabulous as a night sky and the Gold Wink of Stella splatters represented the twinkling stars in the sky. I've hand stitched some Copper Metallic Thread around the DSP circle and layered the intricate star on a vellum star. You can't see it here, but keep scrolling down, I've brushed Clear Wink of Stella over the Kraft star. Who says you can have too much sparkle and shimmer? Not me I say!







I've got 2 Christmas cards made now, lots more to go!
I hope the ideas are now flowing for you to start your Christmas cards.

Next on the hop is Emily Campbell for some more Holiday Catalogue ideas. Head on over to see what she has made and please make sure that you leave some comment love along the way. We all really enjoy what you think of our creations.


http://tinykiwicards.blogspot.com.au/2016/09/esad-holiday-catalogue-blog-hop.html

http://www.inkreations.com.au/blog/esad-2016-holiday-blog-hop
 Thanks so much for stopping by!


Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.

22 comments:

  1. gorgeous Rochelle ... love the colour combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful cards. I love them both. The shimmer and glimmer is gorgeous. Fantastic cards. Thanks so much for participating in the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I had decided I wasn't going to purchase that set but now you have me thinking otherwise. It looks amazing heat embossed in the copper!!!! Love the alternative colours for Christmas as well rather than the traditional "red & green". Such pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the wash on the back ground ...think this is going to be my next purchase

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Rochelle love this set more and more the more I see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply love those colour combinations!! Thanks for joining in the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep telling myself I don't need another star set . . . but everytime I see something created with these gorgeous detailed thinlets . . . you know how it's going to end, right? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rochelle I think you have just confirmed that I NEED to get this set ASAP!! Gorgeous cards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rochelle, great cards, I love the Copper on them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just so beautiful Rochelle. Stunning. I can't believe I don't have this set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both very lovely and very different! Thanks for sharing them and for providing directions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh noooo, another one I am going to HAVE to buy after seeing your gorgeous creations. I love the colours and combination of vellum and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this stamp set Rochelle and the colours you have chosen do it justice great cards
    Alison Morris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards....I love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow your cards are Amazing i love so many things about them, the watercolour background, hint of glitter and copper the use of vellum oh i could go on, stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are stunning! Perfect colours and watercolouring, everything is just gorgeous. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. TFS Rochelle. Lovely cards and a great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards and did u machine sew that circle - it is so good?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards Rochelle as always! Love the use of the music paper in both too

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow...I'm in awe of these cards. They are so stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing Rochelle - your style is fabulous, just love them! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.