Thursday, September 15, 2016

Global Design Project #053 | Colour Challenge

Hello, hello! Big welcome to you! Thanks so much for stopping by today! My creation today is for the latetes challenge over at my favourite challenge blog, Global Design Project #053. I really love their challenges and try at every opportunity to enter when I can.
This weeks challenge is another beautie, a colour challenge, using the colours Gold, Night of Navy and Watermelon Wonder. Love it!
I've had another play with the Sweet Cupcake Bundle for my creation today! I love stamp sets like this one where as you stamp each layer the image comes to life. It's like each layer is a piece of a puzzle and when all layered together the picture is complete.


I've started with lightly sponging Versamark around the edges and then sprinkling and heat setting Gold Stampin' Emboss powder to give the card gorgeous Gold edging. The white layer is the Shimmery White cardstock for that added shimmer and sparkle. It looks so pretty when the shimmer catches the light.


The cupcake is also stamped on to the Shimmery White cardstock. Never too much sparkle in my book. I've layered the cupcake on some of the Floral Boutique DSP. Its a gorgeous DSP using only the colours Night of Navy and Whisper White and is perfect to use for this challenge.

A little bit of the gorgeous Gold Glimmer Paper, some fabulous ribbon and trim and a few gold sequins and there you have it. One fun birthday card ready to go!

Go and check out all the fabulous creations from the GDP design team! They inspire me each and every time!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.


1 comment:

  1. Loving those layers of ribbon and swirled glimmer paper! (PS - so sorry that I am late checking out the Global Design Project Submissions. Thank-you for playing along!) - Krista from Canada

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.