Friday, May 5, 2017

Just Add Ink #358 | Just Add Stitching

Hello, Hello! Its that time! Its Just Add Ink time! Oh yeah!
This weeks challenge theme has been suggested by yours truly - Just Add Stitching.


Your stitching can be either the faux stitching technique, real stitching (hand or machine) or even with your dies that give that stitched look.

I think I've covered the stitching element to this weeks theme with three different types of stitching on my card. I've got faux (around the edge), hand stitching (through the butterfly) and stitched shapes framelits (the vellum circle). Some may say that it's stitching overload but I love it!!! 


I've pulled out my all time favourite DSP from the Stampin' Up! 2016 - 2017 Annual Catalogue Pop of Pink for a last hurrah. #loveitchopit Sniff, sniff. It's nearly time to say goodbye to this amazing DSP as its on the retiring list and the last time I looked the inventory was low.

I didn't start out to use the faux stitching technique on the outside edge. I had actually started to machine sew it. I got about half way around and then the bobbin ran out. So the needle was piercing the holes but not actually stitching the thread in. Quick change of plans because I hadn't gone all the way around with the thread and 'pierced' all the holes I pulled out the now retired Paper Piecing Templates.


I quickly unpicked the thread that had stitched with the machine and then got out my Basic Black Stampin' Marker and my ruler and marked in the 'stitches'. Looks so real!


I again lined up the Paper Piercing template over the middle of the butterfly, pierced the holes and then hand stitch some Basic Black metallic thread through the butterfly.

All finished off and embellished with Clear Wink on Stella on the butterfly, 1/8" Silver Ribbon, more Basic Black Metallic Thread and a Metal Rimmed Pearl.

I hope that I've given you lots of different ideas on how to incorporate stitching in your creations. Why don't you play along with us this week? Click here for all the details and all the amazing inspiration from the JAI crew.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

Recreate this card at home using the following Stamin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

(Australian Residents Only)

Some of these items are on the Retiring Products List and may not be available anymore.

7 comments:

  1. Pink and polka dot perfection Rochelle! Well done on combining lots of lovely stitching techniques. Totally gorgeous as always! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and a great use of the challenge theme! Love all the stitched elements here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so pretty, Rochelle! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Rochelle! I love the pops of pink and the softening effect of your vellum layers. Your stitching three ways is so clever and so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. There can never be enough stitching Rochelle. Love how you showcased so many options in this gorgeous creation! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So in love with this card. And only you would manage to add so many different types of stitching on one card. Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect challenge Rochelle - and your card is amazing! Love all the detail! Tha delicate bow is exquisite! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.