Friday, May 12, 2017

#TGIFC 107 | Sympathy or Get Well

Hello and welcome to another TGIF Challenge. Isn't the year rolling by fast!!! It's the middle of May, we are about to celebrate Mother's Day this coming Sunday here in Australia, my eldest just celebrated his 14th birthday and we are nearly into the beginning of Winter. I know everyone says it every year but this year is going so quick!

This week at TGIF our theme is those cards that we all dislike making and sending because it usually means that someone close to us is going through a difficult time in their lives. Although we don't like to make Get Well or Sympathy cards it is really good to have some of these in our stash ready to send out quickly to our friends in their time of need.

My card today is quite 'pulled back' from my usually style but I find that these types of cards don't need all that 'fluff and stuff' just a simple, heartfelt message to convey your love and sympathies. I've used the Heartfelt Sympathy set, which I thought I didn't have but I do, and combined it with some new products coming out 1st June 2017.


The DSP is from the Delightful Daisy DSP. I did just have a plain piece of cardstock behind the embellishments but that looked too stark and it just needed something. Those spots on the DSP was just the 'something' that the card needed without being to over powering and in your face. How cool is that mottled look the DSP has? Almost like a watercolour wash without any of the mess.


I made a rectangle out of the square stitched shapes framelits and then using my Paper Trimmer cut out the inside of the rectangle. Love the frame that it left behind. The paper trimmer makes for cutting pieces out like this so easy because you can line up the trimmer blades exactly to where you want to cut and the trimmer arm is clear which makes it easy to see where you need to cut to. Love my SU trimmer. 

Did you see the piece of new In Colour Tranquil Tide ribbon??  It is gorgeous!! Love that it isn't too thick and it has a beautiful woven feel to it. Love it. Here's a picture that I put on Instagram this morning of all the new In Colour ribbons together!! I'm in love!!!  I'm such a sucker for beautiful ribbon and trims.


I don't normally embellish the inside of the cards but I really wanted to add this beautiful sentiment to my card.

'May you be comforted by the outpouring if love surrounding "

Isn't that beautiful? I know I would love that if I was going through some sort of hardship.


Again on the inside I've used the Delightful Daisy DSP and the Tranquil Tide ribbon with some Linen Thread, but you may have noticed another new product. The gorgeous Faceted Gems. These come in Gold, like I've used here and also in Silver. So pretty and I love the way the light bounces off all the different angles for a stunning sparkly effect.
I hope that I've given you a little bit on inspiration for this weeks theme. Why don't you play along with us this week? Click here for all the details and all the amazing inspiration from the TGIF gals.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7


Recreate this card at home using the following Stamin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.


(Australian Residents Only)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card and I love all the little PERFECT details. You are super talented. Thanks for always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.