Monday, August 7, 2017

Stamp Review Crew | This Little Piggy

Hello and Welcome. Yep! It's Stamp Review Crew time. We are hopping with a super fun and super cute set. This Little Piggy. So fun!

If you are joining us for the first time we are a group of International Stampin' Up! demonstrators that show one Stampin' Up! stamp set at a time, every first and third Monday's of the month. Be sure to make your way around the hop by clicking the next button at the bottom of each post. If you get lost along the way click on the banner at the top of each post and that will lead you to the list of hoppers so you can continue seeing all the fabulous creations.

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2017/08/this-little-piggy.html

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4009899&productID=143922

Now on to the fun part, the cards! I had to use some pink for today's card. Pigs are pink right? So I've gone with using one of the new 2017-2019 In Colours, Powder Pink. So pretty and so pink. Perfect to go with the This Little Piggy Stamp Set.

My card is pretty straight forward today. Little bit of colouring, little it of stamping and few embellishments. Sometimes that's all you need for a fun card.


I started with the stamping of the pig. I first stamped it in Versamark Ink and then inked it up with Memento Black ink so that I could emboss the image with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder. I find that when I'm colouring an image I like to Clear Emboss the outline. You don't have to be so careful when colouring if the outline is embossed and the ink doesn't bleed outside the lines when water colouring.

I just started with a light wash of colour when colouring the image and then gradually added more colour to the areas that I wanted to be darker. To colour the pig I just squeezed the Powder Pink Ink Pad so that there was some colour in the top of the lid and then picked up the colour off that using and aqua painter. Love that the ink pads are designed like that. Less mess.


Once the cute little piggy was coloured I fussy cut it out and then added all the other elements to the card. 

The 'This Little Piggy' words were part of the pig image so to stamp the words with out the pig I masked off the image above the words with Washi Tape, inked up the words, removed the tape and then I could stamp the words down without the outline of the pig as well. 

On the inside you could then stamp any one of the other sentiments like 'Loves You' or 'Says Thanks' to finish off the card.

Now on to the fabulous Ann Schach for some more cuteness and fun.

https://stampinchic.com/2017/08/stamp-review-crew-piggy/
Ann Schach

https://iguanastamp.wordpress.com/2017/08/06/stamp-review-crew-this-little-piggy/
Nancy Smith

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stamin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

11 comments:

  1. Adorable card, Rochelle!

    - Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Rochelle! I love the Night of Navy seam binding...the perfect pop of color. Great tips for coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Powder Pink, perfect setting for that piggy! Love all the background clouds and your water coloring is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DARLING! This soft and pink little piggy looks ready for a hug and those tiny splashes of Navy are just right. Great tip on embossing the outline for coloring images. Do you always do that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute and LOVE your coloring job on the pig. I struggled with mine getting it to look nice. I love using our ink pads that way the no mess is fantastic. lol Great tip about embossing your image I will have to give that a try too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! What an adorable card! Sometimes those cards that we make "just for fun" or "just for me" end up being the best ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your piggy is so pretty, Rochelle! Like the subtle touches for the background, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this sweet little pink pig! The pop of blue even makes it feel appropriate for a guy. Or is that just me? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pink piggy with the pink clouds background! And the strong blue is the perfect accent - really makes everything pop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the floaty clouds and the celebration of pink on this card - too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clean and classy! Loving this soft pink creation Rochelle and the cloud background is the perfect detail. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.